London dreams.........


What was the funniest rumour you ever heard about yourself?

Many years ago, some relatives called my family in general and were shocked to know that I am in India. They assumed that I reside in London and studying Design. No idea what brought that on.

And now, here I am, many years later, living that rumour. 

So hello from London!

I am here for three weeks, studying art. A dream come true. A dream that worked out due to my wonderful partner and blessings from God. I always wanted to study art, live abroad and have that whole independent "experience". I had somehow skipped that by going to the Mehta household directly from the Karnik household. 

But it's never too late for your dreams to materialise. 

I am here to study this wonderful course called Art of Islamic Patterns. I have always been fascinated by patterns and detailing, so this course has been perfect. It's complex, difficult and downright amazing. Just what I needed to uplift myself and walk on the path of improving my art. 

I live in this beautiful house with a room mate and a black cat named "Cat". I take a bus to my wonderful studio. First of all, London buses are amazing! And second of all, my studio is a dream studio. A great space over looking a river. 

Here are some snippets from the studio..

View from my desk! I love it.


The river right outside the studio.

We walk here during our lunch breaks.

Explored Victoria Park, which is the biggest park in London. This too is near the studio.

Learning amazing Arabic patterns and geometry in this course.

And here is the cute place where I stay........





The course just started five days back, but I have been travelling since the last one month.
 I wanted this year to be all about travel and somehow when you dream hard, it manifests. 

K and I explored Spain, France, Amsterdam and London for a month. He left a few days back and I am staying here for my course. The month whizzed by and they were truly the best days of my life. Fell in love with every place that I laid my eyes on. Will share all about my trips in a different post.

Life here right now is like a typical bachelor. I have all the possible freedom and never have I been "alone" in my life. I do laundry, I eat all possible junk food cause, no way am I going to cook here. And I feed "Cat". She comes to me for food, then poops a lot and disappears. 


I miss home of course. I miss K. I miss my parents and my idiotic Sibling.
I believe home is not a place but the people. Life makes no sense without your people. Nevertheless I am loving it here. It's empowering to live on your own and completely live for yourself. Here I am just a girl, studying art. I am not a wife, daughter-in-law, daughter, sister, etc. I can just be myself, doing whatever I want. And its for the right amount of time. 16 more days to go and I will be back home. So before I get too homesick, I am back! Don't think I want this whole "independent" experience for a very long time. Three weeks are more than enough.

Anyway, it's 11:30 pm here and I am very sleepy. Stay tuned for a lot of random posts and some not-so-random posts.

Peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bride, the beach and 201..

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...