Life on my platter...

Hello.

It's been a long time. I think. Nearly a month. 

K has been pestering me for a good ten days now..
"When will you blog"
"When will you draw"
"When are your tuitions"

K has always been very serious and particular about my work. He knows I tend to get lazy and my moods always rule my life. He knows that he needs to keep pushing me. Finally after a lot of pushing and prodding, I have opened my laptop to update my blog. A lot of people have been asking my about why I haven't written in a while. 

The reasons are two fold.
1- I had a block. Writers block or art block or say life block. Whatever. I just didn't want to do anything. I am one of those few lucky people who can just choose to do whatever they want, or not do anything. So I chose to not write or draw for one month. I wrapped up my commitments and took a break. And I will still be on a break for a while. Because that's what I want. 

2 - I had a lasik surgery. Now this is huge. I finally after years and years of contemplation and gathering a bucket full of courage decided to go for Lasik. I am not a fan of anyone touching my eyes or things going in my eyes. Honestly it was one of the scariest experiences of my life. It is not painful. And trust me, when I say it is not painful, it means it is absolutely NOT painful. But it is very uncomfortable. They put some clip in your eye which is weirdly annoying and do some weird stuff post that which I just don't want to ever remember. You then look into some green light and Ta Da! Your done. BYE BYE CHASHMA!


I now have fresh new lovely eyes! Eyes that can see clearly. No more spectacles and lenses! One of the most empowering feeling in the world is when you wake up and don't need to stretch your hands to find your glasses. Of course the recovery was painful but I was happy. Why? Because I got to go home for a while. I nicely relaxed. Ate probably a million french fries and just rested. I slept as if I was back from fighting a deadly war. 

So yes, good break, new eyes and finally able to write again. Recovering slowly mentally and physically as time passes. Plus I have some big news to share for the months of July and August which I will once everything is finalised. I am extremely excited for the coming two months and cannot wait to write about it. Apart from teething problems, 2017 is going superb for me in many ways. A year of changes. A year of streaking my hair, getting rid of glasses, new development in my art and loads of travel. And only half of this year has passed. I am waiting for the other half to unfold. 

On a happier note, I have more tuitions lined up this full month. Apart from work, K and I have started something new together. We have created a page on Instagram called "onourplatter".
On our platter is basically a peek into our lives where K and I share our love for food and travel. So do follow us. Here is the page - On Our Platter (click)



What else is new with me?
I have read many books lately. All have been spectacular. 
The Lie and The Accident by C.L Taylor (Awesome)
Before I go to sleep by S.J Watson (Brilliant book), I just found out there is a movie based on this book. Nicole Kidman stars in it so I am going to watch it right now.
I am currently reading The Stalker by Lars Kepler and Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

So that's all from my end. It is my birthday month so I am very happy. Not so happy about turning 28 to be honest. But always happy and excited celebrate life. 

Peace.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some "Arty" talk while he does Origami....

To the 2016 that was and a 2017 that will be...

The Bride, the beach and 201..